Guidance for Parents
This page will be kept updated with links to resources to enable you to continue learning from home.
Speech and Language parent Portal is now live!
Visit https://speechandlanguage.info/parents for lots of speech and language resources, advice and tips for parents working at home with their children who have SLCN.
20th March 2020
Re: Home Learning
We are writing to you with information on how home learning over the coming weeks is going to work.
Staff have all been working tirelessly so that resources and links are available to ensure the continuity of education for our children. We have had to think of ways to support the children with their ongoing learning. So, with this in mind, please see information below:
- On the school website, you will see a Home Learning link on the front page. Under this link, you will see folders for each year group. You will need to click on the year link that is relevant to your child and all work, resources and videos that they require will be featured. This information will be updated daily by our teaching staff.
- The information that you and your child will see is:
- Daily Maths video – there will be a link to the White Rose website. All lessons are numbered, your child must work from lesson 1 onwards, by watching the video and then completing worksheets 1 – 4 on their year group learning page.
- Daily English video – this will feature a voice over from one of our staff, explaining the learning that is to take place. At the end of the video a task will be set with different challenge levels. The task should be completed on paper.
- Weekly Topic diagram featuring different activities to complete around their area of learning. This will include Art, Geography, History etc. All work to be completed on lined paper.
At the bottom of the Home Learning page there are going to be extra activities for children to complete. This page will also be updated weekly.
On a day to day basis there will be a ‘daily retrieval task’, this is where the child will complete a short activity on previous learning. This is crucial so they retain learning in their long-term memory.
Whilst the children are being educated at home we need to share the following contact details in regards to safeguarding, so you can contact them should you require to do so:
Redbridge Lado Number: 020 8708 5350
Redbridge CPAT Number: 020 8708 3885
This is all effective from Monday 23rd March 2020, until further notice.
If you experience any issues with the work, please contact the school directly, in the first instance.
The school thanks you for all your support, understanding and calmness during this time.
Mr D Ellison