Winston Way Academy is a three-form entry school and therefore has 90 places available per year group. We can accommodate 52 children in our nursery, with 15 hours part time funded places which are split equally in morning and afternoon sessions, spread over Monday to Friday.
Applications for Nursery are managed by the school.
We can admit your child in our nursery a term after their third birthday if spaces are available.
To apply for your child's nursery place, please complete this form. The form will take approximately 5 minutes to complete and can be completed on any smart device i.e. a mobile.
Click here for the Nursery Application Form
On completion of this form, we will add your child's name in our nursery waiting list and will contact you when a space becomes available.
Children will usually start nursery at the beginning of an academic year in September. For this intake, we will contact and make offers to parents from mid-March of each year according to the priority criteria detailed below. Any applications received after this time will be considered according to the priority criteria if spaces are available.
Because of the vast number of applications, we will only contact you if your child has been successful in gaining a place at our school. If you would like to know details about your application, you are welcome to contact the school office for more information on 020 8478 5626 or email us at email@example.com
We follow the London Borough of Redbridge's priority criteria for our nursery applicants: -
- “Looked after” children and children previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence order or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is in the care of a local authority as defined by section 22 of the Children Act 1989;
- Exceptional medical or social reasons, which should be supported by a qualified professional directly involved with the child and will be considered by the Authority's medical or psychological advisers. Only where it is agreed that admission to that school is essential will an exception to the general policy be made.
- Siblings, with preference to older children according to their date of birth, preference will only be given to those with siblings who will still be in attendance at the date of admission; and
- All other applicants, with preference to older children according to their date of birth.
- In each category, the tie-break will be the shortest measured walking distance as measured by a Geographic Information System from the child’s home to the main entrance of the school using public roads and recognised footpaths. It should be noted that when measurements involve flats in the same block, the distance will be to the entrance of the block. In using distance as a tie-breaker, should there be more than one applicant for a final place living an identical distance from the school in question, the Local Authority will use the random allocation facility within the Tribal Admissions and Transfers System pupil data base which is used for allocations.. Please note the statutory right to appeal does not apply to admissions to nursery classes.
Admission to a nursery class does not guarantee admission to the main school, application for which must be made through the London Borough of Redbridge Admissions and Awards.
For Reception admissions, we follow the London Borough of Redbridge Admission Arrangements. For the Academic year 2021-2022, please click the links below for the relevant documents:
All applications for Reception places must be completed online through London Borough of Redbridge, please click here for the Redbridge Admissions page: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/primary-school-admissions/
London Borough of Redbridge
Admissions and Awards
255-259 High Road
Phone: 020 8708 3121
Reception to Year 6 in year applications
We follow the London Borough of Redbridge Admission Arrangements for the Academic year of 2021-2011, as detailed above. You must apply for a place by contacting the London Borough of Redbridge Admissions and Awards Team. Please visit the following page https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/primary-school-admissions/ for further information.
If you have been offered a place at our school, Lynton House will send you a letter/email and you must respond within 5 days (from date of letter) to the school and to Lynton House. Your place may be offered to someone else if you do not do this.
The admissions officer at Winston Way will contact you to arrange a meeting and request you to complete the school enrolment form ahead of the meeting. At this meeting, the Admissions Officer will go through the form with you and clarify any necessary elements e.g. medical, take a tour of the school and meet your new teacher. Once this meeting is complete your child will be given their start date. Please note that due to the current Covid-19 situation at present we are not arranging face to face meetings or tours of the school.
Planning for secondary school
We follow the London Borough of Redbridge Admission Arrangements, as detailed above. You will need to apply for your child's secondary school place by contacting the London Borough of Redbridge. Please see the following link for further guidance: https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/schools/secondary-school-admissions/
For the academic year of 2022-2023, admissions for Reception to Year 6 will follow the London Borough of Redbridge admissions arrangements.
Please click on the links below for further information:
Parents wishing to apply for Reception 2022-2023 (September 2022), application information will be available on the London Borough of Redbridge website from September 2021.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school office 020 8478 5626 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org