Winston Way Academy Travel Plan – TFL Stars
Our aim is for every child to be able to walk, cycle, scoot or use the bus safely for their everyday journeys, especially to and from school.
Walking to school is beneficial because:
• It keeps us all fit, healthy and happy
• It teaches road safety
• It’s quicker than finding a parking space
• It’s better for the environment and helps keep our air clean
• It helps keep the roads around school free from traffic which is safer for all
• It’s fun to walk and talk!
• Best of all it is FREE!
If you do need to travel by car, please park outside of the Walking Zone to allow your child at least 20 minutes of walking every day.